December 12, 2012

What makes you itch?

Lately, I've been trying to figure it out what makes me itch. 

This short video, full of Koyaaniqati-esque shots, narrated by Alan Watts has been all over the 'internet of inspiration' for a while now.  Mr. Watt's distant voice, probably recorded years before I was born, has been bouncing around in my head for a few weeks. 

It's not that I want to quit my job - as an HR professional in the nonprofit sector, I truly love my work, and the mission of my organization.  And to a certain degree, money is important.  However, when I get home, I am exhausted.  Physically, mentally and often emotionally.
 
Is this how someone, "doing what they'd like to do, if money were no object," feels?  Is this how I   enjoy spending my life?  I could think of a million things I'd like to do if money were no object, but the deeper question is, what do I really desire?  

I sometimes wonder if something deeper ails me, or is my life simply out of balance?  What am I missing?  Are my priorities really prioritized? 

Are yours? What really makes you itch?

xo,  stace.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

about shh...

Stacey and Heather House is a place of music, food, photos, style, and all the little things that make for a rich life.





FOLLOW

Follow abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP