April 19, 2012

World Creativity & Innovation Week

Did you know it was World Creativity & Innovation Week?  I found out a few days ago, then I forgot, then I remembered again.  Does that happen to you?  It happens to me all the time.  I think I need Gingko Biloba (but first must know the proper pronunciation).

I'm excited by the week's motto; "Do what you can. do what you like.  There's only one rule: do no harm."  While my mission in crafting/creating isn't always for worldly good, I think I do my part in sharing the final product and the idea.  I love to make stuff because it makes me feel good.

For those who might think they're not the creative type, that's simply not true.  You're probably more creative and innovative in your day to day activities than you think.  Here are two things I did to freshen up my wardrobe, which to me, are pretty good ideas:

I bought a pleated skirt at a thrift store last fall thinking I would wear it.   This just in: I can't pull off pleats, no matter how hard I try.  I couldn't bear to part with the fabric so I cut off the waistband, folded over the edge, stitched a new hem, and TA-DA!  I've got an infinity scarf.
skirt into scarf


In my recent window shopping adventures, I've been cooing and cawing over the feminine touch of ribbon laces in oxford loafers.  I have an older pair in relatively good shape from two years ago, so rather than get another pair, I decided to freshen up the ones I own.  Anthropologie (sale rack my friends, sale rack) packages up purchases so nicely that I never want the bag to collapse when I get home.  I save the tissue paper for reuse, so why not the ribbon handles?  They're perfect laces to make my old oxfords new.  No?
ribbon laces in oxford

So hurry hurry, you've got three days left to make the world week of creativity count!  It could be in tomorrow's breakfast or your weekend plans.  Make, innovate, create!

best...
stacey

1 comments:

Edward Appleby April 24, 2012 at 2:13 PM  

I must see this circle scarf in action. Well done!

Post a Comment

about shh...

Stacey and Heather House is a place of music, food, photos, style, and all the little things that make for a rich life.





FOLLOW

Follow abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP