April 17, 2012

Half a Heart in San Francisco.

I lived in San Francisco for a few years in my mid-late twenties.  It was really an important, formative time in my life; I learned a lot about myself, made incredible life-long friends, and most importantly, was able to share the experiences with my best friend, my sister.   I normally visit a few times a year but last year I only went once!  So needless to say, a trip was long overdue.  We had lots of girly time, drinks and snacks, some shopping, some gossip, a free day at the MOMA and more.  I have many fond memories and am often nostalgic about SF, but at the same time, I know I'm in the right place.
sfbeach
Have you ever been?  It truly is an enchanting city with gorgeous views and delicious restaurants.  The biggest tip I could give you?  Go for a walk, get into the neighborhoods.  The Richmond, Mission, NOPA, Hayes Valley, and for a bit of calm, the Presidio.  The main attractions are great, but in all of my travels, I've always had the best time when I strayed from the beaten path.   
seward slides

What’s your favorite thing to do when on the road, traveling?

(Both photos, at Ocean Beach and the Seward Slides, by Tim Benson.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

about shh...

Stacey and Heather House is a place of music, food, photos, style, and all the little things that make for a rich life.





FOLLOW

Follow abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP