July 22, 2012

Living Traditions Festival 2012

Living Traditions Festival 2012

Every Spring I obsessively check my calendar to ensure I will not miss the Living Traditions Festival.  I do this because I would hate to miss out on the traditional folk food, music, costume, dance, and art that the festival celebrates.  Not to mention, my friend, Jeronimo Lozano.  He is a must visit type of guy and I love my own little tradition of purchasing one of his Peruvian retablos each year for my tiny collection.  More to come on Jeronimo.  For now, here are some of my favorites from this year's festival, instagrammed.

living traditions 1 2012 instagrammed
Peruvian Mask and Retablo, Turkish Crocheting living traditions 2012 instagrammed
Somali Bantu Baskets, Bobbin Lace, Karen Weaving from Burma

I am always amazed by the vast array of talents being shared at the Living Traditions Festival.  What's your favorite festival to attend?  I'd love to hear about it, or better yet, see pictures!

Sincerely,
H

P.S. If you are interested, you can follow me on instagram under eightchworks (that's pronounced H-works, I know it's probably stupid to have a hard-to-pronounce handle, but I like it so that's that).  Kisses!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

about shh...

Stacey and Heather House is a place of music, food, photos, style, and all the little things that make for a rich life.





FOLLOW

Follow abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP