April 16, 2012

Lazy Sunday

Currant Scones

I know it is Monday, but my workweek is usually defined by how well my weekend wrapped up.  Sunday is a lazy but important day at my house.  It starts with waking up really early to watch CBS Sunday Morning.  Have you seen it?  If you haven’t, I’m not surprised because it’s on at 8am.  Who wakes up at 8am on a Sunday?  Older folks and people with young children, that’s who.  Oh, Tim and I do too. 

On the show they recap the week in news, move on to historical pieces, human interest stories and more.  The animated graphics are silly but the stories are good.  We share a pot of coffee, giggle over the closing nature shot and after the credits, get moving on the rest of the day.  I usually make breakfast, and yesterday I made currant scones.  I’m not a scone pro, but I think the trick is to spend less time mixing and kneading, more time enjoying the morning sun and keeping your cats from eating the plants.  I attempted these scones a few weeks ago and they didn’t turn out as well as they did this round.  They are quick and easy to make, and could be prepared any day of the week while you watch your morning dish....what is your morning dish?  T.V.? Radio?  Internet?  Blogs?

I used a recipe from my old reliable, The Better Homes Cookbook.   I increased the baking powder by 3 teaspoons and used regular cream instead of whipping cream.  They were flaky, soft, and crunchy delicious.
Here’s to a great week!

-Stacey

0 comments:

Post a Comment

about shh...

Stacey and Heather House is a place of music, food, photos, style, and all the little things that make for a rich life.





FOLLOW

Follow abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP