June 24, 2012

Stasero Syrups

syrups

One of my jobs for Father's Day was to bring some flavored syrups for Italian sodas. Though I passed up many tempting flavors including macadamia, coffee, marshmallow, peppermint, and cinnamon (and so many more), I was excited to purchase lime, coconut, cranberry, orgeat, and b-52. Those last two I wasn't as sure about. But the b-52 had a recipe for a cola based Italian soda.  Yum!  And with a quick look up I found that orgeat (according to Wikipedia) is "a sweet syrup made from almonds, sugar and rose water or orange flower water."  Yes!  The Italian sodas were a hit.  And I can't wait to get more creative with these flavors.

Orson Gygi has proven to have the most extensive local selection of Italian syrups I've been able to find.  I'm a little concerned that I may go overboard with these things!

Do you have a favorite syrup flavor?  Let me know!

Cheers,
Heather

0 comments:

Post a Comment

about shh...

Stacey and Heather House is a place of music, food, photos, style, and all the little things that make for a rich life.





FOLLOW

Follow abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP