July 5, 2012

Chilled yogurt soup, with a kick!

Last summer Arie and I spent our anniversary enjoying some time away at the Sundance Resort.  We had our own suite (summer rates!) and now have dreams of building our own cabin in that very style.  Dreams, my friends, dreams.  We enjoyed our time meandering down the foot paths, and had some incredible food on the patio of the Foundry Grill.  Of the many different tastes my tongue enjoyed, two have stood out in my memory over the last year.  One, an in house salted caramel ice cream.  I think it's fair to say I crave it on a weekly basis.  The other, a chilled yogurt soup, with a kick.  As Arie and I enjoyed the soup (which I believe was a special of the evening) we worked our best to analyze the flavors.  I have attempted to recreate this recipe on my own.  I must say, I think I'm pretty close! 

chilled yogurt soup ingredients

Here are the ingredients:
2 cups plain yogurt
1 cucumber, peeled, seeds removed
2 cloves of garlic (I'll only use one next time)
1 jalapeno, seeds removed
1 bunch of mint
the juice of one lime
most of one small onion
salt and red pepper to taste

My food processor was my friend on this one.  Nothing fancy, just chopped up the ingredients and mixed them together.  Arie and I enjoyed some very healthy portions of this soup, with some left overs for later snacking (I had it with crackers the next day for lunch).  We ate it with a fancy meal of fish sticks and steamed broccoli.  It was actually a great meal!  I would say this could easily have served four people.  

chilled yogurt soup

Super refreshing, summer-ized by the lime and jalapeno.  Will you try it?  Let me know what you think!

Now all I need to do is figure out that salted caramel ice cream. Recipe ideas are welcome!

Best,
H

P.S. remember when I made this?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

about shh...

Stacey and Heather House is a place of music, food, photos, style, and all the little things that make for a rich life.





FOLLOW

Follow abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP