July 26, 2012

Sweet Potato Fries

After pinning the same recipe twice, from two different sources, I figured I had better try out for myself this recipe promising crispy sweet potato fries. Excited to get things started, I cut into the potato.  It was not orange.  Upon encountering a pale interior, I wasn't sure whether or not I was utilizing the appropriate type of tuber.  But the tongue test read sweet, so happily I proceeded.  Who knew there were white sweet potatoes?  Probably everyone but me.  In retrospect, I guess I shouldn't have cared because I'm already interested in attempting this method on some regular old potates (as we like to call them). 

sweet potato fries 2

I followed the recipe closely, changing it only by adding some salt after the olive oil step.  I'll probably add a bit more salt next time I try my hand at the recipe.  I also left the skin on which helped add some texture.  The fries were not necessarily what I would refer to as crispy, but there was a noticeable 'exterior'.  They were very enjoyable.  Much better than some of my previous, recipe-less baked french fry attempts.  Oh, and I swapped out the Sriracha in the dipping sauce for this:

sauce with writing

I picked up this bottle of hot sauce during our trip to Jerome for Arie's week at shoe college. It's from the Jerome Ghost Pepper Co.  They had so many sauces to choose from, but after trying this one down at Quince it was the one I was interested in.  It made a great sauce, which I will be recreating I'm sure.

Until next time!

H

P.S.  Remember when I made this?  Yum!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

about shh...

Stacey and Heather House is a place of music, food, photos, style, and all the little things that make for a rich life.





FOLLOW

Follow abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP