August 23, 2012

Lemon Asparagus Pasta Salad

Sometimes, when I eat really good things other people have prepared, something happens to me.  I become incredibly persistent and don't relent until I've politely requested myself a copy of the recipe.  This was the case when my friend Nancy brought this pasta salad to a get together.  It has since become one of my party offering essentials.  It made its way to my mouth through Good Health magazine.  Here's how you can get the goods for yourself, slightly adapted.

nancy's pasta salad

Here's what the recipe sort of says:  Total Time 30 minutes.  Makes four main dish servings.  *I usually double the recipe when taking to an event.

1 pkg. (13.25 oz.) rotini or fusilli pasta
1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed, cut into thirds or fourths
1 bag (8 oz.) stringless snap peas
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 lemon
1/2 cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
1/4 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced

1.  Cook the pasta, adding asparagus and snap peas when three minutes of cooking time remain.
2.  Meanwhile, in another pan heat oil on medium until hot.  Add onion and cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender and slightly browned.
3.  Reserve 1/2 cup of cooking water; drain pasta and vegetables.  RUN THE PASTA/VEGETABLES UNDER COLD WATER UNTIL NO LONGER HOT.  *I forgot to do this once, and my cheese got all melty and gross.  Place the pasta and vegetables in a large bowl.
4.  From lemon, grate the peel and squeeze the juice.  *I usually add a bit more lemon juice at the end until it suites my taste buds.  Add to pasta and vegetable mixture.  Toss in the cooking water, onion, cheese, and basil.  Salt and pepper to taste, perhaps 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp ground black pepper.
5.  Place in refrigerator and allow to chill before serving.

lemon asparagus pasta salad

There you have it.  Yum!   

What's your favorite pasta salad to take to a party?  Because I want the recipe!

Enjoy,

H

P.S. remember when I made these?  I want some right now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

about shh...

Stacey and Heather House is a place of music, food, photos, style, and all the little things that make for a rich life.





FOLLOW

Follow abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP