October 17, 2012

Six Things I Must Bake

My intention was to write up something working out, maybe the must-haves that can make a workout exciting.   What really happened:  I worked out, came home, started watching the presidential debate and started thinking about food.  Totally natural for stress eaters, right?  I joke.  The debate didn't make me think about food, it was the blustery clouds rolling across the sky, the fresh smell after the rainstorm, the colorful leaves blowing around.  For me, and probably for most across the nation; cool weather = turn on the oven.

I want to bake.

I was in Rochester for a wedding last week, where I found myself eating a lot of biscuits and corn bread (hence my reason for hitting the gym).  While baking is completely unrelated to records, unless you listen to records when baking, this list of six inspired me to collect six recipes I've come across and have categorized as things I must bake.

These recipes come from my favorite food blog, Smitten Kitchen.   Deb is a charming writer, a great photographer and incredibly creative in the kitchen.  Her first book is about to hit the shelves and while you can search the web for recipes, nothing beats a solid book on your counter top.  Every time I use one of her recipes, I'm the hit at the potluck.  Seriously, you can't lose.
SmittenKitchen.com
Spiced Applesauce Cake, Gingersnaps, Whole Wheat Apple Muffins, Sweet Potato Biscuits, Homemade Wheat Thins, Apple and Cheddar Scones


























I hope to successfully bake these items over the season, especially the apple cheddar scones.   Are you too planning on baking this season?  If so, what's top of the list?

xoxo stacey
  
All photos from Smitten Kitchen.

1 comments:

Edward Appleby October 17, 2012 at 10:18 PM  

I want to eat. Please invite me over once the Apple and Cheddar scones have become a consumable reality.

Post a Comment

about shh...

Stacey and Heather House is a place of music, food, photos, style, and all the little things that make for a rich life.





FOLLOW

Follow abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP