September 25, 2012

Utah Arts Festival 2012

Every summer I make sure I find the time to hit up some key downtown festivals.  And with Fall's entrance upon us, I'm being reminded of all the summertime fun times I need to get caught up on as far as blogging is concerned.  So here's a little bit of a couple of months ago for you.

As you've already seen, I always enjoy my visit to the Living Traditions Festival.  I also have a great time heading over to the Alternative Press Festival (post pending).  But, somewhere in between the two, I try to find some time to make my way through the Utah Arts Festival.  Here are some shots of a few things that caught my eye (with permission from the artists) during this year's fest.

arts fest 2012 dresses
Paris Gerrard
color
Jodi Steen
arts fest 2012 leaves
Owen Mortensen
Here are a few more shots I grabbed during the event.  I spent some time watching the sand artist at work.  I've never been much of a sculptor, and I'm always so intrigued by the ability of some to create such beautiful work with their hands.  The Arts Festival also has a great children's arts area.

arts fest 2012 sand
little cat

Here's to more summertime posts!

8'tch

P.S.  My super secret spy-lens ended up making it's first public debut at the Utah Arts Festival.  Here are a few more of my attempts at shooting with this awesome lens.

arts fest 2012 bird
arts fest 2012 girl spy lens

1 comments:

Stacey September 26, 2012 at 12:18 AM  

I love the Paris Gerrard pieces! Sad to have missed it!

Post a Comment

about shh...

Stacey and Heather House is a place of music, food, photos, style, and all the little things that make for a rich life.





FOLLOW

Follow abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP